Monday, September 3, 2012

Praying the Germs Right Off of Me!

Day6.
 

 
The layout of everyday was the same.  Morning ministry consisted of home visits and the afternoon was spent with the children at the Bhobokazi Care point, putting on Vacation Bible School.
 
If you remember, yesterday we met Moses.  He was desperately hungry and had a family to feed.  When we left him the previous day we returned to our care point to eat lunch, which obviously didn't sit well.  We talked to our leader and hatched a plan to get a food basket together for the family, and by basket, I mean, plastic bag.
 
We were beyond blessed to return to his homestead and present him with the food.  What we brought him and his family would last about a week or so, depending on how sparingly they ate.
 
We were also able to pray again with the family and give them some encouragement.  It was a beautiful beautiful morning!
 
Our ministry team with Moses (in the blue shirt) and his family.
 
Our next stop was to visit Audrey's mother.  Audrey is an amazing woman who we happened to meet at the care point.  She lives close by and spends time at Bhobokazi regularly.  She became a close friend to all of us!
 
We were pleasantly surprised that they lived in a relatively nice home and everyone in the household could speak English.  So refreshing!
 
Apparently, every morning they spend time in prayer together, so we were just in time.  Audreys mother was absolutely inspirational.  She ministered to us the entire time we were in her home.  She served in the Peace Core as a translator for her native language, Siswati.  She has actually been in America and even had the opporunity to stay, but chose to return to her beloved home. 
 
She prayed with us and spoke life over each of us.  She was eager to get to know us and encourage us.  The time was full of laughter, prayer, singing, and blessings.  I will never ever forget this family, they gave me so much more than I could have ever offered them.
 
Our ministry team with Audrey (the gorgeous lady with the big hair!),
her mother (in the white), and her aunt (kneeling down).
 
We ran into part of our group serving a family by carrying water for them.  Being the hands and feet of Jesus comes in all shapes and sizes!  I found this scene to be so comical because while it took one Swazi woman to carry  the bucket of water on her head, it took two Americans per bucket!
 

 
The rest of the day consisted of loving on some precious children and doing our best to show them Christs' love!
 
He's going to make the best daddy someday!
 

This is Mahti, our translators daughter.
 

We all just loved this sweet little girl.  She is always smiling and trying to get attention.  She was enamoured by Josephs beard and she also took a peak down his shirt!  So funny!
 

 
It was actually quite cold this day.  Probably in the 60's.  These poor children were in tiny little dresses or torn skirts and pants - the fortunate ones had flimsy little jackets. 
 
My little friend in the brown jacket had something filthy on her sleeve and continuously wanted to hold my hand with it.  It was one of those moments where you just have to pray the germs right off of you (and do your best not to sniff or use that hand)!  All I know is that yucky stuff on her wrist of her sleeve appeared to be brown and it was a bit damp - need I say more?
 
In that moment of being a little horrified about what I was touching, I thought about Jesus.  I am filthy, repulsive even.  However, Jesus, my Papa, holds tightly to my hand, snuggles me in closely to His chest, and kisses my cheek without a thought.  He loves me unconditionally, irrevocably, and unashamedly.  I chose to cuddle and hold this little girl, because that is how Jesus loves His children.
 
I found myself quickly not caring what was on her sleeve anymore.  I knew the Lord would protect me and had called me to this childs side.  All little who-knows-what on her sleeve wasn't going to stop me!
 

dinner time!
 
On our way home we saw the most incredibly site.  The Lord was speaking loud and clear!
 

We were all awestruck at the view.  God was, is, and always will be present in Swaziland (and all over the world, for that matter)!  I believe He was showing us and giving us tangible evidence of His presence.  Of His might and power. 
 
He gave us so much encouragement that evening, an encouragement that carried us through the week!  Praise the Lord!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment