Friday, June 22, 2012

Let Love be the Proof

So, to be a bit more clear about our particular mission, allow me to fill you in!

Swaziland is the name, LOVE is the game!

This trip is primarily about physical need and spiritual need.  No nail and hammer for this gal!  (Unless the Lord tells me otherwise!)

Orphan care, education, and distributing food are three major parts of this trip.  We will also have the opportunity to spend time with and care for widows and widowers, as well as be with people nearing the end of their life.  (In my previous post I briefly spoke about the incredibly high HIV/AIDS rate).  Not really sure how I will handle that..but the Lord is my strength.

Basically, the common theme is LOVE!

How can you possibly explain to anyone about how much Christ loves them without giving them tangible evidence??  Orphans are left parentless, they have no mommy, no daddy to love them.  They need a representation of love in their lives.  I want to love them by serving them.  By feeding them, teaching them, singing and dance with them, hugging them, and listening to them.

Our first responsibility is to show them how much our Savior loves them..then we get to tell them all about it!! 

Have you ever heard that phrase that goes something like.. "Your mission field is right under your own two feet"?  I firmly believe that.  We should show Christ love every single day.  I pretty much fail miserably at this..but it's important nonetheless.  We should be led by mercy.  The people right around us need us to feed them, teach them, sing and dance with them, hug them, and listen to them.  I am challenging myself to go out of my way to show LOVE to those around me. 

Sometimes (well, a lot of the time) I am wrapped up in myself and dont want to deal with anyones problems but my own.  I pray the Lord would unveil my eyes and help me to see the world as He sees it.  Hurting, desperate, needy.  I pray He would unveil my eyes and help me see His children they way He sees them.  Beloved, cherished, made in His image.  Not until I truely understand the depth of His love for us, can I truely understand how to love others.

It's a work in progress. 

If I sing but don't have love, I waste my breath with every song
I bring an empty voice, a hallow noise
If I speak with the silver tongue and convince a crowd but dont have love
I leave a bitter taste with every word I say

So let my life be the proof of Your love
So let my love look like You and what Your made of
How You lived, how You died
Love is sacrifice
So let my life be the proof
The proof of Your love

If I give
To a needy soul but dont have love then who is poor?
It seems all the poverty is found in me

When it's all said and done
When we sing our final song
Only love remains..

The Proof of Your love By King and Country


1 John 4:19 "We love because he first loved us."



Oh..by the way, I LOVE YOU!!   ;-)



2 comments:

  1. Wow! This is truly going to be an amazing and humbling experience. I will keep you and Joseph in my prayers as you travel.

    ReplyDelete